2015 Legislative Updates
The General Assembly passed the workers’ compensation bill (HB 412) during the 2015 session and it was signed into law by Governor Nathan Deal.
These changes are effective on July 1, 2015.
For more information concerning this bill, please go to the Georgia General Assembly’s web page at www.legis.state.ga.us.
Highlights of HB 412 (2015 Workers’ Compensation Bill)
- Section 1 amended O.C.G.A. §34-9-11(a) regarding the Exclusive Remedy.
- Section 2 deleted O.C.G.A. §34-9-201(b)(2) regarding the Conformed Panel of Physicians, and renumbered the sections accordingly.
- Section 3 amended O.C.G.A. §34-9-261 to increase the maximum TTD rate from $525.00 per week to $550.00 per week.
- Section 4 amended O.C.G.A. §34-9-262 to increase the maximum TPD rate from $350.00 per week to $367.00 per week.
- Section 5 amended O.C.G.A. §34-9-265(d) to increase the maximum amount allowable to a sole surviving spouse in a death claim to $220,000.00.
- Section 6 amended O.C.G.A. §34-9-358 regarding the SITF’s yearly funding mechanism and renumbered sections accordingly.
- Section 7 amended O.C.G.A. §34-9-368 by specifically amending section (c)(5) to extend the dissolution of the SITF to December 31, 2023, and upon dissolution, the records of the SITF will go to the Department of Insurance.